A Christmas tree is one of the most popular choices when decorating for the holidays. But what if you want to switch things up a bit and go for a unique look? A fall-themed Christmas tree is a great way to reuse a faux tree long before December. Instead of the usual red and green decorations, you can utilize fall-themed ornaments to make an autumnal theme. Here are some tips on creating a fall Christmas tree and 31 ideas to inspire you.
How to Create a Fall Christmas Tree
One of the best things about a fall-themed tree is that you can get creative with the decorations. You can go for a traditional look with orange and red leaves or get more unique with autumn-themed items like acorns, pumpkins, and even scarecrows! If you’re not sure where to start, here are some great ideas to get you inspired:
- String up some autumn leaves. This is a simple way to add a touch of fall to your tree. You can either use real leaves or artificial ones, whichever you prefer.
- Make or buy some acorn ornaments. These are perfect for adding a bit of nature to your tree.
- Get creative with other fall-themed items like mini pumpkins, straw hats, or even tiny scarecrows.
- Use fall-colored ribbons and bows to accentuate your tree.
- Use burlap or plaid fabric in your decorations for a more rustic look.
Once your fall tree is decorated, take some time to write down ornaments of things you’re thankful for and hang them on the tree. You could also use this as an opportunity to write thank-you notes to friends and family.
Fall Christmas Tree Inspiration
Here are 31 festive fall Christmas tree ideas to help get your creative juices flowing.
1. Thanksgiving Tree
2. Modern Farmhouse Tree
3. Modern Boho Tree
4. Acorns and Owls Tree
5. Cozy Thanksgiving Tree
6. Country Fall Tree
7. Colorful Tabletop Tree
8. Rustic Harvest Tree
9. Autumnal Leaves Tree
10. Thanksgiving Season Tree
11. Warm Fall Colors Tree
12. Leafy Tabletop Tree
13. Buffalo Plaid and Pumpkin Tree
14. Neutral Fall Tree
15. Autumn Harvest Tree
16. Neutral Natural Tree
17. Thanksgiving Sunflower Tree
18. Pumpkin Patch Tree
19. Orange Plaid Garland Tree
20. Harvest Thanksgiving Tree
21. Homestead Fall Tree
22. Farmer’s Market Tree
23. Sunflowers Tree
24. Frosted Fall Tree
25. Fall Friendsgiving Tree
26. Fall-Mas Cottage Tree
27. Give Thanks Tree
28. Neutral Sunflower Tree
29. Farmhouse Fall Tree
30. Animal Print Garland Tree
31. Gold Glam Tree
Save the image below to Pinterest so you can come back later!
Erika Marie is a fashion and beauty writer as well as a hardcore vintage clothing enthusiast. In her free time, she can be found thrifting for hidden gems to add to her collection.