Swiped Right, Now What? 50 Conversation Starters for Dating Apps
There is no shortage of dating apps to choose from when it comes to online dating. The question then becomes, how do you stand out from the crowd? How do you start a conversation that will pique someone’s interest and lead to a meaningful connection? If you can’t get past “WYD,” you may need some conversation starters for dating apps. There’s no need to spend hours coming up with the perfect opening line for a conversation – we’ve done the hard work for you. All you need to do is copy and paste these into your dating app of choice and watch your matches roll in!
Dating App Conversation Starters
- Tell me about yourself.
- Where did you grow up?
- What do you find exciting about your job?
- How was your day?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Which instruments do you play?
- What are 2 words people use to describe you?
- What do you like to do in the summer?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What are your favorite restaurants?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- How do you spend your birthday?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- What’s your biggest success in life so far?
- What’s your favorite food/drink?
- Do you cook?
- What’s your signature dish?
- What’s your favorite thing about living here?
- If you could get an actor to play you in a movie, who would you pick?
- What are your favorite TV shows?
- Who do you admire most in the world?
- What sports do you play?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what’s the story behind it?
- What’s your greatest regret?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
- What do you like to do outside work?
- What are you looking for in a relationship?
- If you didn’t have to work today, what would you be doing?
- What’s your idea of a great vacation?
- What do you like to do on weekends?
- What’s the latest viral video you watched?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What’s your all-time favorite movie? Why?
- What’s your most treasured possession and why?
- If you could live in any country in the world, where would it be?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
- If you won the lottery, how would you spend it?
- What’s your idea of a romantic evening?
- Where’s your favorite place in the world?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What new hobby would you like to try?
- What are a few of your pet peeves?
- If you could start life over, what would you do differently?
- What personality traits do you value in others?
- What’s your idea of the perfect day?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- If you could change your career tomorrow, what would you change it to?
- What’s the most important thing I should know about you?
Dating apps have become a common way to meet new people, but you may struggle to come up with something to say. Using these conversation starters for dating apps can make all the difference when it comes to whether or not you get a response from the person you’re messaging. While these tips will help you find a great match, the most important thing about dating apps is to be yourself. You’ll definitely stand out from the crowd if you’re genuine and authentic.
Save the image below to Pinterest so you can come back later!
Erika Marie is a fashion and beauty writer as well as a hardcore vintage clothing enthusiast. In her free time, she can be found thrifting for hidden gems to add to her collection.